Saturday, July 28, 2012

Somebody that I used to know by Gotye

I liked this song when I first heard it on the radio so I went to the website to look for it. Then I found a website for people to discuss the meaning of the lyrics.
Someone that I used to know - lyrics meaning

I don't know why many people try to find something behind the lyrics. Does the lyrics of this song make sense? To me, it is pretty straightforward. It is the sad/hurting feeling when your ex treats you like a stranger and seeing him/her being with somebody else. It is pretty common feeling especially when you still care about that person. The analysis people posted on the website make me think of a classic novel in China that has been analyzed for decades. There are so many metaphors in this book because the author couldn't express his real thoughts about the empire and government at that time. It has been a joy reading all those analysis. Maybe it is really a fun to the fans of Gotye.

For people who like Gotye, there is Gotye's live concert at Red Rocks Amphitheater on Aug 22nd. Tickets are still available on ticketmaster for less than 50 bucks. Going to Red Rocks Amphitheater can be a good hike as well :).

Here is the video from youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoBZGbh5-wE&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment