Friday, May 3, 2013

Strawberry Cheesecake & Cassava Cake

We had lots of snow in April and the latest one we got was on May 1st. I don't remember when was the last time we got snow in May prior to this year. Well, it might be a good time for me to have some baking experiments at home. 

My philosophy about food is try to keep eating as healthy as possible without comprising too much on taste. Here comes my 'healthy' version of two cakes.

Strawberry Cheesecake 

I adopted the recipe from allrecipe.com 

2 packages (8 ounces each) Neufchatel cheese (claimed 1/3 less fat than cream cheese)
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
3 eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 (9 ounce) graham cracker crumb crust
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 lb fresh strawberry
1 Lemon zest
1 tablespoon water



I didn't make my own crust but I still baked the cake as per the recipe on allrecipe.com. It turned out well. I brought it to work and people all liked it :). 


Cassava Cake

The recipe is from a cooking forum on a Chinese website. I used Honey to replace the palm sugar because I didn't have it. If you like coconut flavor, it is a good snack for you. It is probably not sweet enough for people who are used to the sweetness from white sugar.

2 fresh cassava (aka Yuca Root) about 2 lbs 

1 cup coconut milk
11/2 tablespoon flour
2 tablespoon corn starch
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 egg
200g Honey
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon Unsalted butter
2 tablespoon coconut powder

The last one is the real healthy food - Baked Okra.  It is also from allrecipe.com. I didn't add bread crumbs but added more tomatoes because I like them :). 



Snow on May 1st

Snow on May 1st


No comments:

Post a Comment